The unemployment rate of people with disabilities has steadily increased for decades.
Thousands of Washington residents with disabilities have been unable to find employment, limiting their ability to be economically self-sufficient and fully participate in their communities.
Let’s change that.
The Washington Business Alliance has committed to a leading role in a statewide effort to improve education, training, and employment opportunities and outcomes for people with disabilities.
The Business Alliance will facilitate business engagement: recruiting, coordinating, and managing active participation from businesses and trade associations to help improve access for applicants with disabilities. Participating businesses, industry associations, training providers, and government agencies will engage directly in shaping career pathways and course offerings that adequately respond to identified needs.
The Washington Business Alliance is looking for businesses and trade associations to develop new pathways for employing people with disabilities.
Are you interested in participating?
Contact Colleen McAleer: [email protected]ce.org or 206.441.5101
- Department of Services for the Blind
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Edmonds Community College
- Employment Security Department
- Everett Community College
- King County Local Workforce Investment Board
- Seattle College District
- Snohomish County Local Workforce Investment Board
- State Board of Community & Technical Colleges
- Washington State Rehabilitation Council
- Washington Access Fund
- Build effective community partnerships that leverage public and private resources to better serve individuals with disabilities and improve employment outcomes.
- Enhance capacity of public workforce system to serve persons with disabilities and offer career pathway opportunities that provide entry to the middle class.
- Assist unemployed and underemployed Washingtonians with disabilities in finding gainful employment to improve their quality of life, reduce their need for supplemental government supports and, ultimately, allow them to strengthen and improve our workforce by becoming a more active part of it.